My friend had me do this assessment, and at first I scoffed because from my experience with the Myers-Briggs test, I felt that personality assessments were lame. The answers seem overly broad, and my results would always change depending on the day. However, I liked this DISC self-assessment because even though it was sort of hard to do the sorting, in the end, I feel like parts made sense.
DISC stands for four behavior components: Decisive, Interactive, Stabilizing, and Cautious. You can find out more at the actual website (if you sign up and take the assessment). I scored highest in I, pretty high in D, and low average in S and moderately low in C.
I also wonder how much I’ve changed since even just a year ago (in terms of confidence and a self-evaluation of ability). Anyway, when I read this chunk, I laughed out loud because it’s so true.
Things to avoid to effectively communicate with Junia:
- Don’t talk down to anyone.
- Don’t forget or lose things necessary for the meeting or project.
- Avoid rambling discussion and wasting time.
- Avoid getting bogged down in facts, figures, or abstractions.
- Don’t come in with a ready-made decision, unless you are ready to accept changes.
- Don’t make decisions for anyone.
- Don’t stick too rigidly to the agenda.