So, one thing I’ve *always* wanted to do but never had the chance to do (until now and our lovely end of the year schedule where I have a week of half-days), were end-of-the-year gag gifts.
I love puns, and as a Humanities teacher, I feel that it’s only appropriate to have fun with these.
Last night I scoured the internet for ideas but maybe due to a lack of the right search terms, I found a few usables, but then kept finding funny certificates but no actual item-gifts.
I made sure to keep them gentle and lighthearted, and to save you the grief of looking them up on your own, here’s my list I compiled (guffawing to myself). Most of these I’m using. Some of them I’m not.
- highlighter – for the highlight of my day
- lemon – turning lemons into lemonade (always cheerful)
- egg – eggstreme (could be anything from eggcellence to just any other extreme)
- teddy grahams – warm nature
- donut – “I donut know what I’d do without you.”
- spatula – always flipping out
- rubber band – always bouncing back
- ruler – boss / rules the class
- Extra gum – does extra!
- band aid – always helping
- nuts – drives me crazy
- glove – lending a hand
- kit kat – for the kid that works super hard but maybe never gets the BREAK s/he deserves
- sock – puts best foot forward
- cinnamon – putting spice into life
- candle – a deLight to teach
- chips – always willing to CHIP into discussions
- plant/flower – lots of growth!
- fan – I am a fan!
- mint – a breath of fresh air (ideas)
- banana – drives me bananas
- chili pepper – being so calm and chill
- mushroom – an all around “fun guy”
- box – thinks outside of it
- cheese/corn – corny/cheesy
- mustache – always “mustache” a question
- star or orbit gum – spacey space cadet kid
- puzzle piece – still cannot figure this person out
- rose – always rising to the occasion
- raisin – Raising the roof!
- lid – For the kid who could never stop talking
Then, as I went shopping, a few more popped into my head. These, I could never use, but they exist just the same. HAHA.
- Squirt Soda – for the kid who takes incessant bathroom breaks
- Turnip – kid that’s always turnt up
- sock – for never putting a sock in it
- lid – to help put a lid on it
- splinter – splinter in my side
- Ketchup – always behind
- Hanger – always hanging around
- Leaf – will never leave!
- Sunglasses – always in the dark.